Sunday, May 30, 2010
Last Weekend in Paris
It's true. Today is our last day in Paris. We've been here for four weeks now. Tomorrow morning we are leaving on a week long bus trip in the north of France and in the West. We will be visiting Normandy, Mont-St-Michel, and a LOT of castles. The week after that we will be flying to Nice and enjoying the beach! It is sad that we have to leave Paris now, but I can definitely say that I have done everything and seen everything that I wanted too! I can't even tell you how many museums I have been to. Over 20 I think. We went to about five a week. Crazy huh? But I really enjoyed them. I went to the Musee d'Orsay yesterday because I hadn't been there yet and it was amazing. I loved that I recognized a lot of the pieces and the artists! What they teach us in school actually exists! Haha. It was mostly impressionists, which are my favorite. On friday we went to Versailles again because the first time we didn't get to go to the gardens because it was raining, and a trip to France isn't complete without seeing the gardens at Versailles! The view was incredible. We said when we were taking pictures that the backdrop didn't even look real because it was so perfectly kept. It could have been a screen with the gardens projected on it in the distance and I would not have been surprised. Unfortunately they were still in the process of planting flowers, so there weren't too many out, and they didn't have the fountains on either, but it was still very beautiful. That night we went to the Eiffel Tower and we went to the top! Amazing view! I persuaded everyone to take the stairs up with me haha. It was a lot of stairs!! The stairs only take you to the second floor and then an elevator takes you to the very top. Needless to say my legs got a good work out from the stairs! We had our last dinner with the Boissy's tonight and they made us crepes, which were delicious. Today is the French Mother's Day so we bought Madame Boissy some chocolate and wrote her and Monsieur Boissy a thank you note, which they were very pleased with. They have really been impressed with how good our french is. They told us we are the best students at french that they have ever had stay with them, and they've been having students for 13 years! Maybe they were just being nice haha. Anyway, that's my update for now. I have to pack everything tonight because we're leaving early in the morning. I'm not sure how much internet I'll have because we're staying in bed and breakfasts and small hotels during our bus trip. I'll add some pictures and videos here and some more to facebook. Je vous aime! Au revoir!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment