Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Relief Society Broadcast

The General Relief Society Broadcast was amazing! Sister Beck, Sister Allred, Sister Thompson, and President Uchtdorf all spoke. The spirit was so strong, especially as they each talked about how we are each daughters of God and that He loves us. The Church just released a few weeks ago a new manual called “Daughters In My Kingdom” that is a compilation of stories about the first women in the Relief Society. The Presidency put this together so that we could learn of our Relief Society heritage and be strengthened by the examples of early, faithful women in the Church. I remember last year when Sister Beck announced that they would be doing this, and how much enthusiasm she had for it. I haven’t had much of a chance to look at it yet, but it looks like an amazing book. I am excited for the opportunity to read of my Relief Society precedents and learn from their valiance. Matt did back-up interpreting for Hungarian at the Conference Center tonight. They do this just in case the system stops working in Hungary, and they actually do it for all of the languages. I went with Stephanie (Matt’s mom) and then the three of us went out to dinner at Z Tejas afterward. President Uchtdorf’s talk was incredible. He uses the best imagery and he is a wonderful storyteller. There was one point where he started to get really emotional as he told each one of us as an apostle of the Lord that God has not forgotten us and He loves us. The entire Conference Center was dead silent as he spoke these words of comfort and love to us. I think that every woman there felt like he was talking specifically to her – I know I did. It was a great broadcast. I am looking forward to General Conference next weekend!

I would strongly encourage everyone to watch the Relief Society Broadcast, especially sisters. I came away feeling strengthened and edified.

Today's song/video in the Erickson home: Reflections of Christ

2 comments:

  1. I was out of town, so I missed it. I can't wait to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you like comments.... so here's one.

    HI! :D

    ReplyDelete